Home » , , , » Cristiano Ronaldo Interview: "I can't wait for the EURO 2012 to start!" (Part 3))

Cristiano Ronaldo Interview: "I can't wait for the EURO 2012 to start!" (Part 3))


Cristiano Ronaldo interview to Marca, translated to English:
Marca: Looking at your stats in Real Madrid, it seems legit to think that you won't find any problems in playing as a Merengue for the years to come, if that's really your wish. You have an incredible goal average in your 3 seasons at the club, with 147 goals out of 144 games (1,02 goals per game). These stats put you right ahead of all-time legends like Puskas, Di Stefano, Santillana, Hugo Sanchez, Butrageno or Raul...


Cristiano Ronaldo: "It's a true honor. Everything I've accomplished so far, was the result of my own sweat, talent, but above all, a lot of dedication and work. I was never given anything for free. Sometimes I can't help to think that I'm still the player responsible for the highest football transfer fee ever paid in the World and therefore, I always try to justify the money that was spent with me, with my work and effort on the pitch."

Marca: After 3 seasons in Spain, does Cristiano understand better Real Madrid or is it the club who now knows you better now?

Cristiano Ronaldo:"I'm in the best shape of my life, in a very stable moment both psicologically and physically. I want to keep enjoying these times with the Madridismo in the future, because the truth is that I've felt a higher connection with the fans over the past months. I feel very cherished and loved and that's one of the reasons why I want to stay in Real Madrid for a long time."
Marca:  Let's then talk about the Real Madrid fans. Can you tell us what you felt in the day of the ceremonies in the Cibeles,  when Ilker Casillas put you in front of the crowd who was chanting your name? Do you think that kind of adoration arrived too late?

Cristiano Ronaldo:"Sooner or later, the truth always comes out. Did it arrive too late? No problem at all... There weren't many chances before for this kind of celebrations anyway. That's why I'm so happy with our fans and I want them to remain happy by having good performances, goals and assists. I want to show all my love for this jersey and for that to happen, I always have to do my best."

Marca: Not everything was a fairytale though. Before this empathy you created with the Madridismo, there was a crucial moment a few months ago. On January 7 against Granada, when a part of the Barnabue  stadium whistled you and the rest just remained quiet. You seem to have been through some difficult times... How did you really feel?

Cristiano Ronaldo: "That may have happened for several reasons and I have to respect it. I may disagree with the reasons, but at the end I always have to respect it. Everyone is free to show what they feel and players should be strong enough to react positively. As far as I know, the same whistling scenario happened with Zidane and Ronaldo [the Brazilian] in Real Madrid and still, they are part of the club's history. I'm not concerned about that anymore. Thank God everyone is backing me up now and for that reason, I'm really happy today."
Share this article :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. LOCK STOCK - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger